After graduating from Pius XI High School in Milwaukee, moved to California to pursue a career in music, having the opportunity to play guitar and record with some of the finest songwriters, performers and musicians of my generation.
Returned to Milwaukee in 1967 to attend college.
Graduated from Marquette University Law School in 1973.
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Waukesha County Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA)
- Musician Union: Local 8, Milwaukee; Local 47, Los Angeles
- General practice of law in Milwaukee from 1973-1977.
- (Returned to California for my music recording career, 1977-1983.)
- In 1984, appointed by the Waukesha County Circuit Court to run a Milwaukee area music store.
- Two years later purchased the store with Daryl Stuermer, guitarist with Phil Collins and Genesis.
- In 1989, sold the music store and went on to teach business law at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and Lakeland College in Sheboygan.
- In 1990 handled my first lemon law case while working at Jastroch & Labarge, S.C., Waukesha, Wis. (1990-2008).
- Have been practicing with Aiken & Scoptur, S.C., Milwaukee, since 2009.
- Named one of the Top 10 Lawyers in America for 2003 by Lawyers Weekly USA for my work in consumer protection and for embarking “on a national crusade against automotive lemons.”
“But no threat from the likes of Ford, General Motors or Chrysler intimidates attorney Vince Megna, who has built his law practice out of representing the ‘average Joe’ next door with a car defect.” Lawyers Weekly USA
- Named Wisconsin Super Lawyer in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 by Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- Poll observer for 2012 Presidential Election
- Annual guest lecturer at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School
- Presenter at continuing legal education seminars for the Wisconsin State Bar, National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA), as well as many other organizations
- Pro Bono legal work
- Guitars for Vets – putting the healing power of music in the hands of heroes as a volunteer performer